Bisibelebath / Vangi Bath Powder – Final Output
Bisi Bele Bath Powder / Vangi Bath powder is a must in most of the South Indian Kitchens. The same powder is used for making Bisibelebath, Vegetable bath, Vangibath and to make masala Sabji. Though many reputed companies sell this, there is nothing like homemade Bisi Bele Bath Powder. When you make it at home, you can make variations to suit your taste. For example, if you want it to be spicy, you can add more Clove and Cinnamon. Likewise, you can add these spices only to give flavor, which tastes less spicy. It is not at all a tedious process to prepare Bisibele bath powder and takes just 15-20 minutes. The powder can be stored for long periods, though the fresh powder is preferred. Here is a simple way about how to prepare Bisi Bele Bath powder
Ingredients required for Bisi Bele Bath Powder / Vangi Bath Powder
- Coriander seeds – 2 cups
- Gram Dal – 1 cup
- Urad Dal – 1 Cup
- Red Chilies – 2 cups
- Clove – 8-10
- Cinnamon – Few pieces
- Asafetida – 1 small spoon
- Oil to fry
Method for preparing the Powder
- Clean coriander seeds, gram dal, and urad dal. Cut the red chilies into small pieces.
- Heat the pan on the stove and add oil. When the oil is hot, add clove, cinnamon, and asafetida and fry it for 20 seconds.
- Now add Gram dal and urad dal and fry this on low flame for 3 minutes
- Now add coriander and red chilies and fry on medium heat for 8-10 minutes on low flame. (Fry till the gram dal turns reddish and a beautiful aroma fills the kitchen).
- Allow it to cool and then grind it to a fine powder.
- You can store this in an airtight container. This has a shelf life of 3-6 months. If you are storing it for a long time, refrigerate.
- You can vary the quantity of chili as required to make it spicy or bland.
- You can mix Guntoor and Byadagi chilies to get good taste and color.
- This powder can be used for Bisi Bele Bath, Vangi Bath, Rava Upma, and Masala Sabzee.
Isn’t this Bisi Bele Bath powder recipe simple to make? Then why go for ready powder. This is tastier and healthier for you and your family.