Indian Prawn Karahi
People all over the world have now, appreciated the significance of healthy lifestyle. People urge to find and adopt healthier eating habit that reduces their calorie consumption and improve their health in various ways. The prawn is listed as the healthiest food and is rich in protein. It also has adequate amount of other important minerals such as selenium, zinc, potassium, etc.
Some of its health benefits are listed below
- It is the best source of protein that helps in the proper development and growth of the human body.
- Prawns also have ample amount of Selenium, which is known to inhibit the growth of cancerous cells.
- Vitamin B12 content in prawns improves the cardiovascular health.
- Its Omega 3 content is believed to avoid dementia and reduces Alzheimer’s disease.
- The calcium content in prawns makes it beneficial in improving and maintaining healthy bones and teeth
Research has shown that the calories in prawns are lower than that present in beef and meat. Other nutritional contents and some cooking spices make it healthier and tastier option for parties and dinners. No doubt, prawns are a small however, scrumptious part of the diet but, adds much more to your health.
Prawns can be cooked in a variety of ways but, tantalizing and mouthwatering Indian Prawn Karahi has no alternative.
- Prawns – 1 KG
- Onions – 2 Nos
- Tomatoes – 250gm
- Curry leaves – 10
- Cloves – 4
- Oil – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Red chilies – 10 Nos.
- Red chilies crushed – 1 Tsp (Table Spoon)
- Coconut milk – ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Fennel seed – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- All spices powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves and green chilies as required.
- In a pan, heat up half cup oil and fry one kilo jumbo prawns, then remove them and keep them on one side.
- Now, add 2 onions, chopped, with 10 red chilies, 4 cloves, half teaspoon cumin powder and one teaspoon fennel seed.
- Then, put 1 ½ tsp garlic and ginger paste. Chopped tomatoes 250gm, red pepper, crushed 1 tsp, curry leaves 10, cinnamon powder 1 tsp and salt 1tsp and fry them well.
- Add coconut milk, half cup and then fried prawns in the mixture. Cook it for almost 10 minutes.
- Now, comes to topping, add green chilies, all spices 1 tsp and coriander and put off the burner. Hot and delicious Prawn karahi is ready to serve.