How to reach Hathni Mata Waterfall:
- Nearest Railway station: Vadodara
- Nearest Bus Stop: Shivarajpur
- Nearest Airport: Vadodara
- By road from Vadodara: The Hathni Mata Waterfall is approximately 80 km from Vadodara. The public transportations are also available to nearest villages but it is not recommended due to the frequency of buses on these routes. Cars or motor-cycles are beast means of transportation to reach the Hathni Mata Waterfall. If you are planning to visit Hathni Maata Waterfalls, you can hire vehicles from Vadodara, Halol or Pavagadh. Once you reach Pavagadh, you have to follow the road to Jambughoda sanctuary, on the way around 15 km, there is a small town, Shivarajpur. At this town, you can ask people for directions to Hathni Mata waterfall. It is approximately 25km from there.
- Accommodations: Though Hathni Mata is located at the remote place in a rural area you won’t find any hotels or resorts nearby. There are few hotels and resorts around Pavagadh which is the best option to stay. However, for an outsider, staying in Vadodara or Halol will be better for facility prospects. They can also help you to book vehicles and some government and privately organized tours as well.
- Best time to visit Hathni Maata Waterfalls: Monsoon is the best season to visit Hathni Mata waterfall, during months of July and August.
During the Ride to Hathni Mata Waterfalls
A motorcycle ride will be great fun for adventure loving people because the whole ride after leaving the main highway, Next 25 km is full of dirt biking and beautiful scenery. The scenic beauty starts once you cross Halol (nearest city), the ride on the motorcycle along with the mountain of Pavagadh, on your right side is splendid.
The Champaner Mosque and Lake
The Jambughoda Sanctuary near Pavagadh is the most beautiful place to visit during the monsoon. It is a land of waterfalls, wildlife, and ancient temples. Moreover, it was also mentioned in the great epic of Mahabharata, which adds historical values as well. Monsoon is the best season to explore the jungle when all waterfalls are full of water and wildlife on a song. The Jambughoda sanctuary is also home of wild animals, birds, and floras. The Gujarat government also provides facilities like special tours and resorts to stay.
Jhud Hanuman Temple
It is possible on the ride when you visit Hathni Mata Waterfall in monsoon, on narrow tracks through corn farms and jungle.
Though rock climbing is strictly prohibited by Gujarat government at the Hathni Maata waterfalls, people do climb to the top of waterfalls where there is a small pond of water. It is possible to arrange safe trekking by booking special tours with Gujarat Tourism.
The Hathni Mata Waterfalls are located in Jabmughoda, a land of unspoiled natural beauties and wildlife to attracts a lot of pros and amateur photographers again and again.
- Food could be an issue here because you won’t find any restaurant or even a small shop at the Hathni Maata waterfall. Do not forget to carry food with you.
- The rock climbing is strictly prohibited at Hathni Mata waterfall because there is no protection or lifeguard at the site from the government.
- If you are traveling by motorcycles, the fuel tanks must be full because once you leave the main road, there will be no petrol pumps around though you might get fuel from local shops, if you are lucky.
- One can find a roadmap on other websites, is not clear hence it is recommended to ask people for directions.