Coming home after a hectic day at the office, nobody will be interested in cooking elaborate dishes. A quick, tasty yet healthy dish is what everybody looks for. Lemon rice is one such dish which is tasty, easy to make, quick, does not take much of your time and yet wholesome.
- Rice – 1 Cup
- 4-5 Green Chilies
- Coriander Leaves
- Big size Lemon
- Curry Leaves
- Salt to Taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Turmeric
- Coconut grated
- 1 Table Spoon of Gram Dal
- 1 Small spoon Urad Dal
- Ground Nut – As required
Cook the rice in either Pressure Cooker or Rice Cooker. It should not be too soft.
Put Three tablespoon oil in the pan, when oil is hot add a small spoon of mustard seeds, then add gram dal and urad dal, a pinch of turmeric followed by green chilies and Groundnut. Switch off the stove and add curry leaves and coriander leaves when the oil is hot. Then add Salt, Pinch of Sugar.
Add cooked rice, and leave it aside for a few minutes to cool. After 5 or 10 minutes mix it well. Then add lemon juice, grated coconut. Mix lightly again and chopped coriander leaves.
Spicy, tasty lemon rice is ready to serve. It can be savored with chutney or chips or papad. Lemon rice and curd rice make a good combination.
Serving; Serves 2 persons.
Options: The benefit of this recipe is that you can change the taste with little effort.
- You can make it spicy by adding 1 or 2 more green chilies
- Onion, chopped and fried will give a different taste.
- Finely cut and fried or boiled vegetables can be added to make it healthier.
- A combination of Capsicum, alu and Green peas can be fried and added which will give an excellent taste.
- Methy leaves, finely cut, fried and added are good too.
- Jeera can be added along with green chilies.
- Combination of Green Chilies and red chilies will give a different taste