Nothing can beat eating a nice, hot plateful of veg pulao especially when it is stuffed with your favorite vegetables and when you are hungry on a cozy rainy day. There are many different ways of making pulao. This particular version is tasty, can be whipped up in minutes and yet pass off as an exotic meal.
Brimming with the goodness of fresh, juicy vegetables, this pulao can be a treat for the health conscious as well. This easy to cook veg pulao recipe leads you to a yummy plate to satiate your hunger pangs in just 30-35 minutes.
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves – 2 Persons
Ingredients for the Veg Pulao:
- Rice- 100 gms (In raw state) or 1 cup (cook and keep aside)
- Potatoes: 2 small, diced
- Carrots: 2 small, sliced
- Capsicum: 1 Small, sliced
- Beans: 200 gms, chopped
- Oil for frying vegetables: 3 large spoons
Ingredients for the Pulao Masala:
- Coconut: Grated, 3-4 spoons or one small cup
- Pudina- 1 Handful
- Green Chilli- 1 large
- Onion- 1 medium size, diced (for grinding)
- Ginger: 1-inch cube
Method for Preparing Pulao:
- Grind coconut, ginger, pudina leaves, 1 chili and onion in the mixie with 1 small cup water into a smooth paste (for 2 minutes)
- Half boil beans with a pinch of salt (For 10 minutes), Add carrots to the same mixture, boil both for another 5 minutes
- Fry potatoes in 3 spoons of oil until it is golden brown, add a little salt during the last 1 minute, set aside
- Fry capsicum in the same oil, Add the ground masala to the capsicum mixture, add all the other vegetables, mix well for 2 minutes. Add the cooked rice to this mixture, add salt and mix well. Make sure not to cover the lid for 10 minutes to make sure the rice does not get soggy. Serve hot.
Delicious and healthy pulao is ready. Serve it with Cucumber Raita or Mix veg. raita or Green Salad.
- You can also add vegetables like Cabbage, Peas, Cauliflower.
- I have used just one green chili so that the Pulao is not very hot. If you are fond of a hot, spicy Pulao add one or two more chilies depending on the variety of chili.
- If you want it to be rich, use Ghee instead of oil.
- Basmati rice or Pulao rice can be used instead of ordinary rice.
- Garnish with fried Cashew for extra taste.
- Also, check our Kathal biryani and other recipes which are equally delicious